My family also calls this Chimento Chicken b/c our old friends the Chimentos loved it…I think Chimento Chicken has a nice ring to it Also note, this is another recipe from my mom…so all amounts are guesses. Don’t you love it?
- Cream Cheese (1 package)
- Mushrooms (1 package, diced)
- Onion (as much as you like…I use about 1/4 of an onion)
- Cooked Chicken Breast (2 breasts?)
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls OR Frozen Filo Dough
- Gravy topping – you can use cream of chicken soup or make chicken gravy with broth and thickening
Cook the chicken breast however you want (boil, pressure cooker, microwave). Chop up and sautee the mushrooms and onions. Mix chicken, mushrooms and onions into the cream
cheese. This is your filling. Here are the directions for each type of “crescent”:
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls: Put a blob of filling on the triangle of dough and roll the dough around the filling – cook for as long as directed on the package for the rolls.
Phyllo: Follow the directions on the package for phyllo.
Phyllo is SUPER yummy, but the crescent rolls are yummy too – crescent rolls are MUCH easier.
Top with gravy and enjoy!