Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
My friend Barbara found this recipe online somewhere…
Author: Jane Maynard
Recipe type: Dessert
- 9 ounces package of chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make crust: Place cookies in a food processor and grind into powder. Mix with butter and press into the bottom and up sides of 9-ince sprinform pan. Refrigerate crust while making the filling.
- To make the filling: Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 mins or until smooth, stirring every minute. Mix in the raspberry jam and stir until dissolved. Let mixture cool for 10 mins.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing wella fter each egg. Add vanilla and chocolate-raspberyr mixture. blend well.
- Pour mixture into springorm pan and bake at 325 for 1½ hours or until cake is set.
- Allow to cool in an open oven for an hour. Remove from oven and place on wire rack until completely cool. Refregerate for at least 6 hours before serving.