Corn Cake Toppers
Author: Jane Maynard
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- chopped green onion (optional)
- couple dabs sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Mix together the cornbread mix, egg, melted butter and milk. Cook on the stovetop in a buttered skillet, like regular pancakes. Feel free to add some chopped green onion, a few dabs of sour cream or shredded cheese to the batter before cooking the corncakes. Top your chili with the cornckaes and enjoy!
- If you add cheese to the batter, the corncakes will be a little messier in the pan. You can always put shredded cheese right on top of the chili and then the cheese-less corncake on top of that!