Lime & Honey Glazed Salmon w/Warm Black Bean & Corn Salad
From Rachael Ray’s “365: No Repeats”
Author: Jane Maynard
Recipe type: Main Dish, Fish
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 10 ounce box frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Preheat medium skillet over medium heat with 2 T of oil. Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins.
- While the onions are cooking, preheat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining 2 T oil. In a shallow dish, combine the juice of 1 lime, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the salmon fillets to the lime-honey mixture and toss to coat thoroughly. Add the seasoned salmon to the hot skillet and cook until just cooked through, 3-4 mins on each side.
- To the make salad, add the bell peppers and corn kernels to the onion mixture and cook for 1 min. Add the chicken stock and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Add the black beans and cook until the beans are just heated through. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the juice of the second lime, the cilantro and spinach. Toss to wilt the spinach and then taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve the salmon on the warm salad.