Mexican 7-Layer Dip
The classic dip we all know and love well!
Author: Pat Maynard, my mother-in-law
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small jar salsa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ package taco seasoning
- 1 can chopped olives (green or black)
- 1-2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 block pepper jack or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Spread refried beans in the bottom of a large, shallow bowl or 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix together the avocados, salsa, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Layer on top of the refried beans.
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream and taco seasoning. Layer on top of the avocado layer.
- Layer, in the following order, olive, green onions, tomatoes and cheese on top of the previous layers.
- Chill and serve with corn chips.