I love this recipe. It makes a lot of cookies, it’s simple, and the resulting cookies are beyond easy to eat. Okay, maybe that last thing isn’t such a good thing. No, seriously, they are really, really, really easy to eat. You’ve been warned.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (I like to use kosher salt)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream the butter and ½ cup of the powdered sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand blender on medium speed until thoroughly mixed. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and salt to butter mixture. Mix well, starting on low speed then increasing to medium until well mixed.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- Make small balls and place on ungreased baking sheet or cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Place the other ½ cup of powdered sugar in a bowl. As soon as the cookies are hot out of the oven, roll each cookie in the powdered sugar. The cookies need to be HOT for this step, so just be careful with your fingers - work quickly and you shouldn't burn yourself. Also, you may get a coating of sugar on your fingers - leave it there, it acts as a sort of glove to protect your fingers from the heat.
- After the cookies have cooled, I like to sprinkle the tops with just a bit of powdered sugar to make them pretty.