Pasta with Peas & Ricotta
Author: Jane Maynard
Recipe type: Main Dish, Pasta
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces gemelli or short pasta shapes (I had farfalle (bowties), so that’s what I used)
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas
- I cut up about 8 asparagus spears into short pieces, and cut the quantity of peas in half…it would be good either way
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into pieces (I did 3 TBSP, because if 2 is good, 3 is better, right?)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish (I forgot to pick up tarragon, so I did some basil and parsley which was tasty!)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions, adding snap peas 3 minutes before the end and frozen peas in the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ – 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables, and return them to the pot.
- Toss pasta and vegetables with butter, tarragon, and ricotta, adding enough reserved pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt & pepper.