Rosemary Chicken with Artichokes & White Beans
From Jennifer Schulte
Author: Jane Maynard
Recipe type: Main Dish, Poultry
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper (I use Kosher salt, it’s saltier!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can, diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can, white beans drained (I use ‘great Northern beans’ from Bush’s)
- 1 14 ounce can, artichoke hearts (quartered if you can find them, if not just drain & roughly chop up whole ones into quarters)
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- Mix the spices together and sprinkle on one side of the chicken breasts. Heat the oil in large skillet to med high (I use a sauce pan, higher sides), add chicken seasoned side down and brown (3-4 min). Turn over chicken and add tomatoes, beans and artichokes, cook 5 min. Reduce heat and stir in olives, cook another 5 min or until chicken is done through and sauce thickens a little.
- Serving = 1 breast + ½ cup or so of the chunky sauce! I serve this with brown rice, cooked in chicken broth.