SKILLET PEACHES A LA MODE
From: Better Homes & Gardens
– 1 recipe Sugared Pastry, below
– 1/3 cup butter
– 6 to 8 peaches or nectarines, pitted and halved or quartered (about 2 lb.)
– 1/4 cup peach or apricot nectar
– 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
– 1 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
– Fresh mint leaves (optional)
– Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Prepare Sugared Pastry, below (see note). Melt butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add peaches, skin side up. Reduce heat to medium; cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove peaches to bowls. Add nectar and brown sugar to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and syrup forms.
2. Spoon syrup on peaches. Top with berries, mint and Sugared Pastry. Serve with ice cream.
3. Sugared Pastry: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let one 15-oz. rolled refrigerated pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Line baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Unroll crust onto lightly floured surface. Brush with 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. coarse decorating sugar or granulated sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Cut pastry in half. Cut halves into strips, stars, or desired shapes. Place on prepared sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack. Makes about 40 strips. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
4. Note: Can be frozen up to 3 months.