Zucchini & Chicken Salad
From Adrianne Campbell
Author: Jane Maynard
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1¼ pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) chopped spinach
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup chopped & toasted pecans
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and slice thinly.
- Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan, and mint. Serve.
This recipe can also be made using leftover or store-bought roasted chicken. To save time, I usually just bake some frozen chicken breasts earlier in the day or the night before and then chop it. I also toast the pecans to bring out the flavor. It makes A LOT of salad… great if you have company over. Otherwise, just make half of it and make the other half another night.