I know, I know…those of you without a Trader Joe’s nearby are sick to death of me talking about it! Listen, if you just move somewhere with a TJs you’ll be happier. Really!
Reader Jenny said she has a chance to get some TJs stuff this weekend and wondered what is good. The real question – what isn’t? People ask me all the time what to buy at TJs, so thought I’d share a “quick” TJs shopping list. I’ll divide it by perishable/non-perishable and share my most favorite items. Please share your favorites as well!
– Simmer sauces: There are tons of these throughout the store – Indian, Italian, Asian. All the ones I’ve tried are great…Cuban Mojito, Spinach Punjab, Masala, Marsala, Picatta, Cacciatore, Orange (asian) are a few.
– Chocolate covered pretzels (dark chocolate!)
– Great trail mixes, dried fruit, bagged nuts
– Candy nuts – you know, Cocoa Almonds (YUM), etc.
– Whole wheat pasta
– Cereal – TJs brand knock-offs are yummy and great prices on all the cereal
– Kashi TLC crackers – cheaper at TJs
– Hawaiian Potato Chips – salted
– Blue Corn Chips – salted
– Chocolate chips (cheap and GOOD)
– Olive oil and oil spray – good prices
– King Arthur’s flour – great flour, less expensive here
– Pasta sauces – good prices, great flavors
– Canned beans, veggies, fruit – all good prices
– Frozen prepared foods are GREAT. Gnocchi, Mandarin Orange Chicken, Stir Fry packs, Hors D’Ouevres (so many options)
– Frozen meats are well-priced and good
– Eggs are CHEAP
– TJs smooth and creamy yogurt – come in 6-pack, so so so delectable
– Bagged veggies – just snip corner and microwave for perfect veggies
– Pizza crust – in refrig section
– Cheese – I get all my cheese at TJs, cheaper, yummy
– Butter – $2/lb
– Fresh flowers – prices can’t be beat, long-lasting, beautiful
– Cream, cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese – I get all this stuff at TJs
– Breads – they have great fresh breads – totally beats grocery store
Oh my, I could go on and on. I’m going to stop. I’m certain I’m forgetting things – please share!