Today’s featured recipe comes from a reader named Michelle. She shared this simple recipe over a year ago. It is a great recipe. Easy, delicious…and you don’t have to just cook it for a holiday dinner…I just couldn’t come up with a better name. 😉
My friend Lindsay and I split the cooking responsibilities for Easter this year. Lindsay was in charge of making these potatoes. Since she’s way gourmet, she actually used fresh potatoes. As you can see in the picture, they came out great…although, since I’m a big cheat in the kitchen I’m pretty sure I’ll still use frozen hash browns in the future, but it was excellent cooked this way. One more thing – Lindsay made one dish with fresh garlic added and it was a good addition.
- 1 package frozen, shredded hash browns
- ~3 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a baking dish, place a layer of hash browns, sprinkle with salt, add another layer of potatoes, sprinkle with salt, layering until dish is ¾ full.
- Pour heavy cream over potatoes until potatoes are not quite covered.
- Bake for 30-60 minutes (original recipe said several hours but that is far too long). They will be golden brown and a little crunchy on top but creamy and yummy under the crust.
- If you are using a dish the size of a 9 x 13 cake pan, you will use about 3 cups of cream.