I can’t believe I haven’t shared this recipe with you yet. I’m a Spinach Artichoke Dip junkie and I LOVE my recipe for it. This is seriously good dip.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- ~6 handfuls of spinach, chopped a bit then sautéed
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Splash of tabasco sauce or a few shakes of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with corn chips, baguette, fresh pita, pita chips...YUM.
– Use FRESH parmesan cheese. This is important for the consistency.
– If you’re making this for yourself and aren’t too worried about presentation, mix the stuff right in the dish you’re going to cook it in. Again, cuts down on dishes to wash! HOWEVER….if you want the dish to look nice, mix it in a bowl first then put in the dish…otherwise you end up with stuff cooking on the side of the dish.
– Definitely saute your spinach before mixing it in to get the water out. 6 handfuls will seem like a lot, but it really cooks down. If you don’t want to bother with the saute step, just buy canned spinach and use about 1/3-1/2 of the can, but make sure you drain it!
– This is not the healthiest recipe. If you want, you can use low-fat mayo and cream cheese. But, I say just go full fat and indulge!