Today’s featured recipe is one of my favorite pasta dishes ever. It was No. 3 on the menu at American Grill, a restaurant in SLC, UT that has been out of business for some time now (sadly). Our family always just calls it No. 3 or Green Noodles, and we all love it. You’re gonna love it to.
PS to you parents out there…Cate, my 3-yr-old who has been quite picky about food lately, ate two servings of this tonight!!
- Spinach Fettuccine, 8 or 9 oz package
- 1 boneless/skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ~3/4 of a package of mushrooms, chopped
- ~2.5 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- Knorr Garlic & Herb sauce mix OR Cream + Basil Pesto
- Feta cheese
- Saute chicken & mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms have released all their fluid and it has cooked off.
- Cook fettuccine as directed on the package (I use fresh pasta). Drain.
- Pour about 1 pint of cream over the chicken and mushrooms and add basil pesto, about 1 small container. Alternatively, you can use the Knorr Garlic & Herb sauce mix - just follow the directions on the back but use about ⅓ more milk (so 2 cups instead of 1½ cups, for example).
- Let simmer until sauce thickens. At the very end add the prosciutto and feta cheese.
- Bon appetit!