When we first got married, I never planned side dishes. And my salads consisted of lettuce. Pretty sad. And funny. I’ve come a long way, baby. I almost always remember to do a side dish these days, and I may even throw a carrot in the salad.
Anyway, side dishes are pretty important and can really make or break a meal, wouldn’t you say? And it’s amazing how much better they can be with just a TINY bit more thought and effort. And I mean tiny…I’m as lazy as the next guy, so don’t be scared.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ medium yellow onion, cut into skinny crescents
- A bunch of fresh green beans
- A bunch of baby tomatoes, halved
- Seasoning (S&P, or a seasoning blend…I used Onera, my favorite!)
- In a medium saucepan or large, deep skillet, melt butter and saute onion over medium heat until they begin to soften. Add green beans and tomatoes. Season. Cook until beans are done to your liking, stirring occasionally (probably around 15 minutes).