Remember my experiment? And remember how I said I was going to eat healthier going forward? Today I’m going to tell you exactly how I’m doing that!
A group of friends and I have formed a Happy Eats Club. It’s AWESOME. And here’s how it works:
- Each member (there are 5 of us) makes one goal and then sets up a list of healthy eating rules that support their goal.
- Each week we check in with each other. If you cheated on your rules, you owe $5 to the pot. (Everyone gets to cheat on Halloween and Thanksgiving, by the way )
- On December 20, we will have a final check-in. Whoever cheated least gets the money pot. Whoever cheated most has to do something embarrassing that the group determines. Scary. If, by some miracle, none of us cheat…then we’re going to do something fun to celebrate!
My goal is simple: Eat healthier. I’m not trying to lose weight, I just want to eat better.
Here are my rules:
- 2+ servings of fruit each day
- 3+ servings of vegetables each day
- 6+ glasses of water each day
- 1 or less servings of white flour per day
- 1 or less dessert/treat per day
- As many whole grains as possible
Other members of the group have different goals and rules. Some want to lose weight. Some just want to eat healthier. Examples of rules: no sugar, no white flour, no fried foods, fruit juice must be fresh, etc.
We are 1 week into the Club and so far so good! I am eating WAY less sugar, WAY more veggies, drinking WAY more water. It’s fantastic. I’m already feeling better.
As the Happy Eats Club continues on this venture, we will share experiences, recipes, etc. If you do something similar, let us know about it!
And, yes, I’ll fess up to ALL of you if I cheat!