Here’s an easy-peasy recipe for you on a Friday night. Trust me, it’s easy. And delicious.
– 1 or 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
– 1 beaten egg (with up to 3 T milk if want)
– 1/2 C grated FRESH parmesan cheese (if you don’t have this, just do more breadcrumbs)
– 1/4 C dry bread crumbs (plain flavor – the italian flavored isn’t that good)
– Some garlic powder
– Some dried oregano and/or basil
– 1/2 t paprika
– 1/8 t pepper
– 2 T butter melted
– Mozzarella cheese (regular or fresh – optional)
Beat the egg. Mix the dry ingredients together. Slice your chicken in half width-ways (picture your chicken breast lying on your cutting board and you slice through the whole thing so that your knife is parallel to the cutting board). Pound the chicken. Dip in egg, cover in breading, place on buttered baking sheet or silpat (I butter the silpat, as well, for flavor). Drizzle melted butter on top. Bake at 325 until done…doesn’t take long because the chicken is so thin.
If you have some mozzarella cheese, put some on at the very end of baking so it can melt. A nice addition!
Serve with pasta and red sauce, or as a sub sandwich!