My friend Amanda just sent me a terrifying email. Scarier than any horror movie I watched over Halloween weekend. The email contained this aptly named recipe:
Provincial Macaroni Salad
– 1 box macaroni and cheese (okay, first ingredient, kinda iffy…)
– 1 (12 oz.) can luncheon meat or ½ lb. bologna (scare factor has officially set in)
– ¾ c. celery (what a deeee-LICIOUS vegetable)
– ½ c. Miracle Whip (okay, miracle whip? really?)
– 1/3 c. Kraft French dressing (the French would be so proud)
– ¼ c. sweet pickle relish (should relish EVER be an ingredient in ANY recipe?)
– 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion (ooooo…a little bit of raw onion will really make this dish!)
Prepare macaroni and cheese. Add other ingredients and chill before serving. (CHILL? I have to eat this cold?)
Oh man, I’m laughing AGAIN. Every time I look at this recipe I lose it. (And I apologize to anyone out there who does in fact LIKE this recipe…but I do have to ask…really?)
Amanda found this gem in her mother-in-law’s collection of recipes, which she is cleaning out as a Christmas gift. Amanda passed it on to me figuring I’d get a good laugh (which I did)…and then suggested I do a different kind of Call for Recipes.
So here’s the Call. Share the scariest, yuckiest, worst, most provincial recipes you’ve got!
I need a good laugh today. 😉