Looking for a good winter cookie? These Chocolate Mint Cookies are it!
I’m sure some of you have seen or used this recipe before. I tried a little twist on it this week. I had a box of See’s Milk Chocolate Peppermints, so I decided to put those on half of the cookies and Andes mints on the other half (Andes is what the recipe calls for).
I think the Andes mints work better with the recipe because they’re smaller and you can “swirl” them into the cookie when they’re hot. However, the See’s peppermints LOOK better. I mean, seriously, is that not a cute cookie? So if you’re looking to make a handsome cookie, the See’s peppermints are a good way to go.
No matter how you make them…YUM!
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 boxes Andes Candies (mint)
- Melt on the stove: butter, sugar, water, & chips- and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time on high speed
- Slowly add dry ingredients
- Chill dough 1 hour
- Cook at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes.
- After they come out of the oven, put a candy on each cookie and as it melts swirl it around with a fork.