One thing that has been so fabulous about having this blog is “meeting” all of YOU! I love the sense of community and the many friends that I’ve picked up along the way, friends I’ve never actually met in person.
Lucky for me I had the chance to meet three of my dear blogging friends last week! Marie from Make and Takes, Allison from Petit Elefant and Lindsey from Cafe Johnsonia. I knew they’d be amazing women, but they exceeded my expectations. If you haven’t been to these ladies’ blogs, go check them out here and here and here. You’ll love them.
Lindsey was gracious enough to host our get-together at her home, complete with all of our kids in tow. Which was a lot of kids, by the way. Lindsey is a fantastic cook (hence her food blog) and made some delicious Sausage Potato Soup (with secret ingredients!!) and homemade Wheat Bread. It was HEAVEN.
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup light cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large pan. Add potatoes and onions. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, brown sausage in a separate pan. Add the cooked sausage to the potatoes and stock. Add the cream and butter. Stir until butter is melted. Add the vanilla and balsamic vinegar right before serving.