These cucumber sandwiches are one of my sister-in-law Cora’s favorite recipes, so we made them for her baby shower last week. They were mighty delicious and very easy to throw together, so thought I better share the recipe with you! Great for parties, and nice and light in the summertime.
- Sliced cucumbers (pretty thin, with skins ON)
- Cream cheese
- Package powdered italian dressing mix
- Bit of milk – about 1 Tbsp
- Party-sized pumpernickel (I just learned about this bread – they come small and square like this, in the bread section at the store…the brand we bought was called Wild’s Party Pumpernickel)
- Dill (dried is fine)
- Soften cream cheese at room temp, mix in salad dressing mix and enough milk to make the cheese spreadable. Spread on bread, top with sliced cucumber. Sprinkle with dill. Voila!