I received this recipe from Sarah Arnett, one of my lovely readers! She said that it’s a hit every time she serves it and I can see why. I made this soup last week and it was fantastic!
I must admit, this was the first time I have cooked with vegetable broth. I’ve always been a bit suspect that the flavor would not be as robust, but it was. I was very pleased with the results.
Bonus – this is an EASY and FAST recipe. You’re going to love it.
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T butter
- 6 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 9-oz package tortellini
- 2 C frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ C prepared pesto
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, saute onion, garlic and butter until onions are translucent.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add tortellini and cook 1-2 minutes less than the package directions.
- Add the frozen vegetables and simmer soup until vegetables are heated through.
- Stir in pesto and serve. Garnish with parmesan cheese.