I’m super excited about my guest post on Make and Takes today. I made homemade roasted roma tomatoes for the first time and loved it! Not only were they easy and very tasty, but I really had fun photographing them!
Big thanks to Faye and Ginger, who both commented on my menu post this week suggesting I roast the 12 romas I had lying around.
I’m typing up the “recipe” below, but make sure to check out my full post on Make and Takes to get all the details and see all the photos!
- 10-14 roma tomatoes (you could experiment with other tomatoes, but romas are less delicate and less seedy and work well)
- Olive oil (probably about ¼ β ½ cup)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt (kosher, preferably)
- Spices you like β Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Red Pepper Flakes, whatever!
- Add minced garlic to the olive oil and let sit while you prepare the tomatoes. Slice tomatoes into wedges, 8 per tomato. Spread on cookie sheet and brush with garlic olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, spices, and sugar. Bake at 200ΒΊF for 2-6 hours or so (5½ hours was my magic number).
- Store in the refrigerator drizzled in olive oil.