Okay, you may be thinking the title of this post is nuts, since summer is over. Apparently Mother Nature doesn’t think so. After a downright cold summer here in the Bay Area, the last two days (including the first day of school) have been steamy hot. What the? So, despite the fact I’m annoyed I can’t take Cate swimming and none of her new school clothes work in hot weather, at lease I can eat my way out of my sorrows.
How about a strawberry milkshake? Sounds good to me!
People, my milkshakes last night rocked. Actually, I would say that they brought all the boys in the yard. And I can teach you how to make it. But I have to charge.
Okay, now that I have that out of my system, and that song is permanently in all of our heads, on to the recipe. The texture for our strawberry milkshakes last night was perfect. Hopefully this “recipe” comes out just as well for you!
- 2 handfuls of strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large handful crushed ice
- 7 or so large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- If you have a regular blender, slice strawberries. If you have a nice heavy-duty blender, just halve the berries. Place in a bowl, sprinkle with vanilla extract and coat with sugar. Let sit for at least 20 minutes (can be refrigerated for later).
- Place the following ingredients in the blender in this order: Milk, Ice, Ice Cream, then Strawberries. Blend well.
- This recipe made four 10-oz milkshakes.