This peach jam is taunting me this morning. Begging to be eaten. But I can’t. It’s not ready. Word of advice: when you make jam that needs to sit for 24 hours before eating, make it in the MORNING so that the next morning you can actually eat it…in the MORNING. Mmmmm….doesn’t it look good? It’s got to be ready, right? Walk away, Jane. Just walk away.
I’m going to do a little post tomorrow about jam. Make sure to check in. Until then…let’s plan a menu, shall we?
– Red beans and rice (I KNOW. It’s been on the menu for 3 weeks. I haven’t been to a normal grocery store in those 3 weeks to get the ingredients I need…but I WILL be making it this week!)
– Cornbread (so many of you planned cornbread type foods last week, now I’m craving it)
– Homemade pizza (this is what Cate requests every week!)
– Eat out
– I feel like grilling hot dogs and hamburgers…it is Labor Day weekend, seems like a fitting end to the summer
– Corn on the cob and baked beans
Bring it on! Show us what your menu’s got!