I am sharing a GEM with you today. My mom got this recipe for Hummus Guacamole Dip from her good friend Jenny, of Jenny’s Green Salad fame. When my mom first described it to me, I must admit I was skeptical. Hummus WITH avocados? Hmmmm….but then I had it for the first time on the Cape this summer. Oh…my…goodness. It is delicioso. The flavors blend together so nicely. And the best part? It’s super duper healthy while also tasting like a very decadent dip.
I can have this stuff for lunch with some corn chips and be all set. Well, maybe not all set…since it tends to appear for afternoon snack time, and then again at dinner! I also served this at a pool party recently and EVERYONE was asking about the dip…when it was time to go home, the giant bowl was empty. See, I know what I’m talking about.
- Two 12oz pkgs of Guacamole (Jane’s Mom’s Note: of course I NEVER use packaged Guac (she smashes up a bunch of avocados))
- 1 Pint of Hummus w/roasted garlic (or any flavor you want)
- 1 15.5oz can black beans (slightly drained)
- Chunky mild/medium salsa (about a cup)
- Mix by hand and chill. Serve with whatever corn chips you like!
3 avocados, smashed up
8 oz hummus
1 can black beans (drained)
8 oz chunky or fresh salsa
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix by hand and chill. Serve with corn chips!