I think I’ve convinced a fair number of you that a toaster oven is worth having. But a few of you seem to be on the fence. And I want to push you off that fence! Here are the reasons why I much prefer having a toaster oven over a regular toaster:
- A toaster can toast toast. That’s about it.
- A toaster oven can toast toast. And so much more! Big thick bagels? No problem! Want to toast more than 2 pieces of bread at one time? Bring it on!
- We use our toaster oven for reheating food all the time. For example, pizza. I’ll zap my pizza in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to get some heat infused. Then I toast it in the toaster oven until the crust crisps up nicely. Until I had a toaster oven, I HATED pizza leftovers. Never ate them. Now I’ll eat leftover pizza til the cows come home. (Side note: you don’t even need to use the microwave at all, it just sort of speeds the process along.)
- Pizza isn’t the only thing I’ll reheat in a toaster oven – pretty much anything with bread involved works wonderfully. Another example, muffins on the bake setting for 5 or so minutes…yum! Let your reheating imaginations run wild!
- As many of you commented on the giveaway post, it’s great to have access to a small oven without having to heat up a big old traditional oven. Sometimes you just don’t need a full oven. It saves energy and, in the summer, doesn’t heat up your house quite as much.
- You can bake in a toaster oven. Show me a toaster that does that and I’ll eat my non-existent hat.
- This is specific to my new Smart Oven that is HUGE…but, it’s going to be awesome at the holidays because I’ll have more oven space to work with. So excited about that!
I’m sure I’m missing something. But those are the main benefits that I’ve really grown to appreciate over the years. Hope that helps tip a few of you off of that toaster oven fence!
And now, the winner of the Breville Smart Oven. And, I SWEAR the random number generator picked her…but when you read this comment, you’re going to think I rigged it so that we could share this little story with the world.
Sue, who said “I had lunch with a 90 year old friend who pointed to a really really old microwave that she says she has never once used. She sent her husband to get her a toaster oven and he came home with the microwave. She said she had no interest in it and let it sit all these years in silent protest for having not gotten her toaster oven. I’d love to have one as nice as this!”
How great is that story? LOVE it. And I love that 90-year-old woman. 🙂 Congratulations, Sue! I’m certain you will enjoy your new Smart Oven!
Big thanks to Breville for such a fabulous giveaway! You can follow them on Facebook, which I think you should. They’re great. 🙂