This giveaway is now closed. Thank you!
I couldn’t think of a title for this post. I’ve used the “I’m in love” phrase too much. I think you’re going to stop believing me when I say it, even though it’s always true. So, I figured “Wicked Awesome” would get your attention…and simultaneously pay a nice tribute to the New Englanders (make that ‘Englandahs’) in our family.
But I digress. I have a random assortment of pots and pans. Some of them I like. Some of them just barely get the job done. This past January I met the folks from Anolon at a food event and they had their lovely Nouvelle Copper cookware on display. As soon as the representative started describing the features of these pans, my goal in life became to get myself a set.
So why exactly did I want to get my hands on the Nouvelle Copper cookware so desperately?
- They are copper pans at the core, and copper is awesome for cooking. Even heat distribution and whatnot.
- Anolon Nouvelle Copper is made with DuPont Autograph II non-stick, which is metal utensil safe. Yes, you heard me correctly – you can use metal utensils and scrubby sponges to your heart’s content!
- The rivets are flush with the pan. Why aren’t all pans made this way?
- These pans are induction stove-safe, which is perfect for my dream induction stove that I will have one day.
- These pans have a heavy-duty, high-quality feel to them. And their bottoms? Super heavy. Now I can actually grab my “heavy-bottomed pot” for all those chocolate recipes that heretofore mocked my lack of decent cookware.
So, after contacting them and begging a bit, Anolon did in fact send me my dream set of cookware. (Another 10 points for sticking with my food blog all these years! Thank you, Anolon!!!) I’ve had the pans for, oh, 3 months and I still haven’t even mentioned them. But, as you know, I haven’t been doing much cooking lately. The last few weeks, however, I’ve finally gotten to use my beautiful new pots and pans. They are just as wonderful as I’d hoped they would be.
As much as I’d like to share my beautiful set with you, it’s mine and I’m not giving it up! But Anolon is going to give one of you lucky folks your very own Nouvelle Copper 10″ skillet (retail value $79.99)! You want this pan. Trust me. Simply add a comment to this post by Midnight PT on Tuesday, April 5 to be entered into the drawing (one entry per person and must have continental U.S. mailing address). One randomly-selected winner will be announced on April 6! GOOD LUCK!!!