Secondly, thank you all for your absolutely wonderful Kitchen Disaster stories this week. And, please, pretty please go read through my list of favorites. It’s a perfect weekend read…or anytime read, really. My mom told me yesterday she actually read every single comment and was dying laughing the whole time. I put that handy dandy list together for you assuming you might not be as crazy as my mom and me to sit down and read a bazillion comments.
Thirdly, my in-laws are coming to visit this week. WOO-HOOOOO!!! People don’t believe me when I say I love my in-laws. I really do. I could live with them. Seriously. When we planned their trip, we didn’t realize that they fly home Easter morning (whoops!), so we’re having our Easter celebrations on Saturday. We’ll be writing a little note to the Easter Bunny to see if he/she/it can come a day early. I hope he/she/it will oblige!
- Pulled chicken sandwiches (in the freezer)
- Driving to Yosemite, so restaurant eating
- Driving home from Yosemite, more restaurant eating
- Ham, probably, but will decide with Pat (mi madre-in-law) when they get here
- Sliced roasted golden beets with spinach and goat cheese salad
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Homemade rolls
- Funeral Potatoes (if we go with ham, that is), or maybe twice-baked potatoes if we have some sort of other meat
- Dessert – I think we’ll be making Easter cookies or mini cupcakes or something fun to decorate with “Mimi”
- Leftovers! Which makes for a nice, relaxing Easter for me!
Your turn to share your menus! It’s a special week – Passover and Easter. I can’t wait to see what you’ll be eating! If you have any recipes to share with us for either holiday, please do!!!
Handy reminder: If you’re dying eggs this coming weekend, remember to buy them early this week! Older eggs that are boiled peel much better than super fresh eggs. Harold McGee says so. Plus, if the store runs out, you’ll be all set.
Pregnancy update: Sickness is abating. I only had to take my medicine 3 times this week. We’re almost back to normal! AND…we find out in two days if the baby is a boy or girl! Now’s the time to place your bets!