When I think of McIntosh apples, I think of cool weather, sweaters, beautiful foliage…you know, autumn. So when we got McIntosh apples in our CSA bag last week in the middle of summery August, the first thing I did was text my New Englander mother-in-law saying, “Isn’t it just wrong that we have McIntosh apples right now?” And she wholeheartedly agreed! Not that I’m complaining, but California is kind of a weird place!
Menu time…and I imagine my menu is going to get simpler and simpler the closer we get to the baby’s due date! Just three weeks!
– Fetuccine alfredo
– Caprese salad and baguette on the side
– Asian Spinach Salad
– I know, I know…this is the third week I have this on my menu. It keeps falling through the cracks, but I really do what want to eat it, so it’s making one more appearance on the menu before I give up!
– Orange chicken (from Costco freezer section) and rice
– Potstickers (from Trader Joe’s freezer section)
– Hot dogs and/or hamburgers on the grill
– Fresh fruit
– Eat out
– Yup, you guessed it, breakfast for dinner. French toast this time!
Since I’m going to get less inspiring over the next few weeks, we really need all of you to post your menus and inspire one another! Let’s see what you got!