I have another car seat and stroller review for you, and it’s another product that broke me out of the Babies-R-Us-store-wandering rut. Maxi Cosi was generous enough to provide me with their Mico infant car seat and their Mila stroller (which works with the car seat) to try out and let you know what I think. This system is on the affordable side of the spectrum, which I think most of us greatly appreciate, and I’m excited to share it with you!
First impressions – things I’m liking a lot:
- The system looks cool and there are good color choices. I know, looks aren’t everything, but I do appreciate it when a company realizes that just because a kid might like Winnie the Pooh doesn’t meant the parents are going to want to make a Pooh statement everywhere they go!
- I love the fact that this stroller is quite compact, similar to the Maclaren that I love so much, but you can also use it with the infant car seat! And, once you’re done with the car seat, you can use this stroller up to 50 pounds. Great versatility, you get your money’s worth.
- The brake system is super easy to use. I actually am really loving this feature. To brake, push the button on the back right wheel with your foot, to un-brake, push the button on the left wheel. (Works better than my Maclaren’s brake system by a long shot.)
- When the stroller is folded, it can stand upright. I really like this feature a lot.
- Large basket underneath for storage.
- Folding and unfolding the stroller is easy, and you can either push the release in the back with your foot or pull a handle.
- Car seat is lightweight, which is nice when lugging baby around, and there is side-impact protection.
- Stroller comes with a rain shield.
- Easiest access to the storage is through the front of the stroller – would prefer if the access was from the back.
- No tray by the handles to put stuff. There is a cup holder and a pocket in the canopy, so at least there’s something up top for keeping a few little items. No tray for the kids, either.
- Typical small stroller wheels. I like my wheels bigger so I can go off-roading!
- You can’t adjust handle height, but the handles aren’t too short and you do not kick the wheels when strolling, so it may not be a big deal.
- Canopies on the stroller and the car seat seem like they’re a decent size, but want to use them to see if they really do cover enough.