My mother-in-law Pat made a super yummy orzo salad for us on the Cape last week. It was simple and oh-so-tasty. A definite keeper of a recipe and perfect for summertime!
Pat said normally the feta is all mixed in, unlike what you see in the photo. But a certain brother-in-law of mine doesn’t like feta (what the what?!?!), so we sprinkled it on top so Cuyler could pick it out easily. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Pat’s a good mother-in-law.
Happy Orzo salading!
- 8 ounces orzo, cooked and drained well
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- shaved carrots
- parsley (and dill if desired)
- 2-3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans or chick peas, rinsed and well drained
- 1 small can sweet corn, drained
- ground black pepper
- 8 – 10 sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- ⅓-1/2 cup Greek salad dressing (Ken’s Steakhouse and Newman’s Own are great)
- Mix orzo with dressing once it has cooled a bit, breaking up any clumps. Refrigerate while you put together the other ingredients. Combine with orzo and refrigerate to combine flavors. Can adjust by taking away any of the above ingredients and adding others such as grape tomatoes, shrimp, cucumber,green onion or black olives.