It’s time to share our Thanksgiving menu plans!
This year I am going with my Thanksgiving basics, the recipes we use year after year. No experimenting, nothing crazy. I want a super comforting Thanksgiving table! And I don’t even care that there’s not one fresh vegetable or salad to be seen!
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Broccoli Casserole
- Corn Souffle
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- Cranberry Slush
- Crescent rolls and/or squash rolls
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mousse
Here’s what I’m making on what days:
- Monday: bake and smash the butternut squash (for rolls) and sweet potatoes (for souffle) (will freeze on monday, then defrost on wednesday, to prolong freshness)
- Tuesday: Cranberry Slush base, Roux for the Gravy, Cut up bread for stuffing and let sit out for two days
- Wednesday: Broccoli Casserole, Corn Souffle, Sweet Potato Souffle, All the Desserts (we are meeting with friends for dessert, so we’ll split the duties), Mashed Potatoes
- Thursday: Turkey, Gravy, Rolls, Stuffing, Heat/Cook all the Side Dishes
I am excited to see all of your menus, whether you’re going basic and traditional like I am or thinking outside the Thanksgiving box! If you have recipes or links to recipes, please share those, too!