First off, thanks for all the well wishes last week! Everything is all better now (thank goodness!) and we really appreciated your kind words and tips!
The December rush is in full swing and we’re having a lot of fun! We held Cate’s birthday party yesterday and it went so smoothly. Side note: seven- and eight-year-old girls LOVE party games. It doesn’t take much to entertain them! Cate chose an animal theme for her party and decided she wanted a giraffe birthday cake. I was so happy with how he came out. (Click here for my how-to-make-cute-cakes-even-when-you-don’t-know-what-you’re-doing post.)
Soooo…our family has some news. We are moving to San Diego in January! Nate has a great job opportunity in San Diego so we are moving back! We are really going to miss the Bay Area terribly, but it’s fun to move to a place we love and know well. For the next month or so we are going to try to use up food in the freezer, so there may be some random stuff on the weekly menus!
- Chicken strips (we have a bunch of these in the freezer!)
- Stefania’s Braised Chicken (I have a few pounds of chicken legs in the freezer)
- Rice and Salad
- Take out (swim lesson night)
- Leftovers from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Homemade pizza ~or~ paninis (tbd)
- Chuck E. Cheese for Anna’s birthday (it’s her family year so she got to choose the “restaurant”)
- Breakfast for dinner
You know the drill…please post your menu for the week, no matter how small or big, plain or fancy!