Last night my friend Courtney hosted a gift exchange at her home. The theme was “My Favorite Things” and it was a LOT of fun. Everyone had to think of their “favorite thing,” valued at $15, and then we each brought three of that favorite thing to the party. Everyone presented their favorite items to the group, explaining why they were so wonderful, then we pulled names from a bowl and everyone went home with three gifts that were other peoples’ favorite things. It was super cute and I loved seeing what everyone chose to share!
I was already planning on telling you today what my favorite thing was (of course it’s chocolate), but as I was sitting there last night, this blog post kept growing in my head. First I thought, “Wouldn’t it be fun to do a virtual ‘favorite things’ gift exchange on my blog, where everyone comments and says what they would have brought to the party?” Then, as I furiously took notes on everyone’s favorite things last night, I realized I should be sharing that list with you, too! I mean, that is one totally awesome gift guide!
So, what began as a short “here’s my favorite thing” blurb has turned into a blog post with a three-fold mission!
- I will share my favorite thing with you
- I will share all of my friends’ favorite things with you.
- You will share YOUR favorite thing with all of us! Please comment and tell us what you would have brought to the “My Favorite Things” gift exchange. Your budget is $15!
I’m sure you dying to know what I took to the party, right? My gift included to two items made by Guittard: Cocoa Rouge and Super Cookie Chips. (Click through on those hyperlinks to read why I love them so much. AWESOME stuff.)
And now for the list of favorite things from last night! There are tons of great gift ideas in here…or even just ideas when you need to splurge on yourself a bit!
- Reader’s Digest Children’s Songbook
- Frango’s Chocolates
- Therapeutic-Grade Eucalyptus Essential Oil and Lavendar Eye Pillow
- L’Occitane ‘Hugs & Kisses’ Shea Hand Cream and Lip Balm
- Kuhn Rikon Butterfly Rainbow Silicone Whisk (I got this and it’s AWESOME! The tines get into the corner of your pan, so excited!!!!)
- Mistral South Seas Hand Lotion
- Williams Sonoma Tuscan Fig Dish Soap and Cinnamint Lip Balm from Bath & Body Works
- Pride & Prejudice and a cool scarf (which reminded her of England)
- Philosophy Animal Cracker Lip Gloss and OPI glitter polish
- Mini Latte Bowls from Anthropologie
- Paper Source gift card
- Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Paste
- Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
- Lush Jasmine Shampoo Bar and Veganese Conditioner
- Super Cute Rhinestone Owl Purse Hook (I got this and have been wanting a purse hook for ages!)
- Mary Kay Cellu Shape Contouring System
- Really cute reusable shopping bags
- Smiley Metal Dustpan
- Schwarzkopf Dust It (I have this, it’s cool stuff!)
- Salad Hands from Sur La Table and a Tangerine-flavored Balsamic Vinegar
- Nike Lightweight Running Arm Wallet / Phone Case (I got this…and I think it’s the universe telling me to get exercising again!)