Hi everyone! I was going to post my Thanksgiving menu on Monday, but then I was thinking, we’re all probably doing a bunch of our grocery shopping this weekend, so it’s time to get planning for the Thanksgiving feasts NOW. Let’s get to it!
Here is what we are having for Thanksgiving this year. I can’t WAIT for Thursday!
- Turkey (Every year I try a different technique. This year I’m going with a super simple approach shared by my friend Aimee.)
- Classic Mashed Potatoes (I MIGHT throw a little cream cheese in there this year because that’s what Martha Stewart’s mom does, although I think we’ll skip Snoop’s cognac.)
- Classic Stuffing
- Crescent Rolls
- Cranberry Slush (my great-grandmother’s recipe that we have EVERY YEAR NO MATTER WHAT)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Green Bean Casserole from Scratch
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- Broccoli Casserole
- 60-Second Brussels Sprouts
Dessert is still up in the air. We’re going to have a serious discussion about it once everyone is in town, but there will for sure be Pumpkin Pie and something with chocolate. And maybe makes-its-own-crust apple pie. And maybe even more than that. Who knows? It might get crazy around here.
P.S. I didn’t get any cooking done ahead of time besides the cranberry sauce. So much for being organized and ahead of the game!
Click here to see all the Thanksgiving Prep posts I’ve published over the years for even more inspiration.
And, as always, please share your own menu plan for next week’s Thanksgiving feast! If you have recipes or links to recipes, share those, too!