In case you’ve been wondering what it takes to make a perfect barbecue chicken pizza, well, today is your lucky day.
So, what does it take? If you’ve eaten at pretty much any pizzeria that serves good barbecue chicken pizza, you probably already know the answer: cilantro. Also, mixing gouda cheese in with the mozzarella is pretty much your ticket to pizza heaven.
Also #2…can we go back to the whole naan-bread-as-pizza-crust trick I recently discovered? I am completely and totally addicted and have been making pizza like it’s going out of style. Nothing beats my homemade crust (detailed post coming one day soon, I promise!), but, seriously, the naan bread thing is KILLER.
Without further ado, the non-recipe recipe for PERFECT barbecue chicken pizza. Enjoy!
- Good barbecue sauce (I use one a sweet BBQ sauce for flavor contrast)
- Grilled chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Thinly-sliced red onion
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded gouda cheese
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Spread pizza crust with barbecue sauce. Scatter chicken and red onion evenly then top with mozzarella and gouda cheeses.
- Cook pizza until cheese is melted and bubbly. After taking out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh cilantro.