Today marks the beginning of a new miniseries here on the blog, Crazy Easy Chicken Recipes! I’m kind of a fan of the miniseries (see: Fargo and True Detective), so I figured I’d love it just as much if recipes were involved. 😉
For the first crazy easy chicken recipe we have parmesan-crusted chicken. This chicken comes out so tender, moist and flavorful you won’t believe it only uses 4 ingredients. And, yes, one of those ingredients is mayonnaise. It’s like magic. And I swear to you the chicken tastes nothing like mayonnaise when it comes out of the oven. (Apparently I’m on a cook-poultry-smothered-in-mayonnaise roll – it’s how we cooked our turkey this past Thanksgiving and it worked beautifully then, too!)
Simply serve this chicken with any sides you like and you’ve got dinner! Also, I recommend eating this chicken fresh out of the oven, but if you have leftovers, heat them up in the oven or toaster oven to get the coating crispy once again (microwave just doesn’t cut it in this case!).
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh, grated parmesan cheese
- Breadcrumbs (I prefer Panko for the texture)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Stab the chicken breasts on both sides a TON with a fork.
- Spread the chicken on both sides with a layer of mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle both sides liberally with fresh parmesan cheese, then dip both sides of the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes, until inside of chicken is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 160º F. Don't overcook to keep it moist and tender.
- I didn't provide measurements because this is a CRAZY EASY recipe and you don't need them! For two chicken breasts, it will probably take about ½ cup each of the mayo, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, but that's simply a guess. Just use what you need based on the size and the amount of chicken breasts you use!