I’m back in the kitchen! Yay! Today I have a fun seasonal recipe for you – rhubarb simple syrup!
Whether or not you like rhubarb you’ll like this syrup. With all the sugar involved it is anything but tart, and it adds a nice, subtle flavor twist to lemonades, punches, cocktails and more. You could even just drizzle a bit over ice cream or plain yogurt!
I will have a recipe on Babble soon for Raspberry Rhubarb Sangria (including a alcohol-free version) that I will for sure share a link to when it goes live, and next week I just might have a Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade recipe for you, too. (Okay, I do, but you have to wait!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb, ½" pieces (about 2 stalks)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine sugar, water and rhubarb in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer mixture for 25 minutes.
- Strain mixture though a fine mesh sieve.
- Store in the refrigerator. Makes a little more than 1 cup of syrup.