My guest for today’s podcast episode is Elise Bauer. Elise created the website Simply Recipes in 2003 and has been food blogging ever since. She started the blog as a way to keep track of her family’s recipes and over the years the site has grown, now inspiring millions of visitors every month with its approachable, tested, scratch-cooking recipes. Lucky for me I met Elise many years ago, not long after I started my own blog. She is a supportive, smart, giving woman who I am grateful I can call a friend.
Elise’s episode is pretty awesome. She talks about her blog and personal evolution as a cook, her new meal planning venture, and then, once she gets into recipes and kitchen tips, the great information just keeps coming. You’re going to love it.
- Elise’s Mom’s Enchilada Recipe (and Elise’s “last meal”)
- Jane’s “last meal”: Honey Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Weekly Meal Planning Service with Gathered Table and Simply Recipes
- Small wide-mouth mason jars that Elise mentions
- Jane’s salt box
- Elise’s awesome composting bin
- Elise’s super cute countertop compost bucket
- Coffee Coals plus an article about Coffee Coals
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!