Today on the podcast I am talking with Gabrielle Blair, a.k.a. Design Mom. Gabrielle started her blog Design Mom nearly 10 years ago to write about the intersection of parenting and design. She has since written a New York Times Bestselling book and co-founded Alt Summit, a bi-annual conference for lifestyle bloggers and creative entrepreneurs. Gabrielle’s blog has garnered all kinds of accolades over the years and is a great resource parents and, really, anyone! I’ve known Gabrielle for 9 years, ever since I started my own blog, and she’s always been a supportive friend in the blogging world. In our little chat we discuss the birth of Alt Summit, Gabby’s obsession with national parks, and her award-winning recipe, plus she has a really great kitchen tip for parents. Be sure to listen!
Quick note: In the episode, we talk about how people should sign up for the next Alt Summit. Welllll…I forgot we mentioned that and the summit happened LAST WEEK and I obviously did not time the publication of this show properly. So, my apologies. You missed it. Alt Summit is over. BUT…Alt has great things in the works, so you haven’t missed out completely. Promise!
- Alt Summit
- Gabrielle’s recipe: Award Winning Three Bean Chili Deluxe
- Gabrielle’s book: Design Mom: How to Live with Kids: A Room-by-Room Guide
- National Parks (shout out!
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!