It’s Monday, which means it’s interview day on the podcast! Today I talk with Ann Miura-Ko. Ann is co-founder of Floodgate, a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley that backs digital companies before traditional VCs are ready to invest. Essentially they’re really good at figuring out what the next big thing is. Ann has been called “the most powerful woman in startups” by Forbes and is a lecturer in entrepreneurship at Stanford. You can read more about Ann here and follower her on Twitter here.
I asked Ann to be on the show because I knew she would be fascinating to talk to, funny and have great things to share related to food. Ann delivers on all counts and I love this episode. Enjoy!
- Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller (recipes Ann loves from the book: prime rib, buttermilk fried chicken, savory bread pudding)
- A Hero in the Family (the real reason I wanted to be an astrophysicist as a child)
- Ann’s kitchen tip originated from Michael Mina (you’ll have to listen to the show to get the tip!)
- And…pictures of Ann with sumo wrestlers making mochi. She wins.
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!