For this week’s podcast interview I sat down to talk with Hank Shaw from the food blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook. Hank is a wild foods expert who has written several books, keeps a beautiful blog and now hosts his own podcast. Hank’s food world is fascinating to me and I couldn’t wait to get him on the phone and ask him whatever questions I wanted! The resulting show is filled with all kinds of cooking tips and general food knowledge that I hope you’ll enjoy and learn from as much as I did.
- From Hank’s website: How to Cook Duck Breasts
- Hank’s new podcast Hunt Gather Talk
- Ludivine (restaurant Hank recommends in Oklahoma City)
- Hank’s first book: Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast
- Hank’s second book: Duck, Duck, Goose: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Waterfowl, Both Farmed and Wild
- Hank’s upcoming book: Buck, Buck, Moose: Recipes and Techniques for Cooking Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope and Other Antlered Things
- Unrefined Canola Oil
- Fargo (I told Hank he should watch it…and so I’m linking to it because I will not rest until everyone has watched it)
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!