It’s Thursday, which means it’s time for the weekly podcast! Today I share a tip for how I make homemade carnitas that requires almost no effort, with a really fabulous result. Afterwards I have a nice long chat with Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN. Dawn is a registered dietician that works for the Chicago Cubs and also recently won the ABC reality TV show My Diet is Better Than Yours. I am lucky to count Dawn as a friend and absolutely loved having her on the show. She shares a bit about her experience on My Diet is Better Than Yours, how her philosophy around flexitarian eating came to be, tips and tricks for having a healthy yet doable diet, strategies for feeding kids, the “C.R.A.P.” you should avoid, why she thinks potatoes have gotten a bad rap, and a great kitchen tip that will simplify your life. Also, recipes. Lots and lots of great recipes. I love this episode and I’m sure you will, too!
- Los Tacos (my favorite Mexican restaurant in North County San Diego)
- Homemade Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Dawn’s website where you can find all her great stuff
- Dawn’s Superfood Swap Starter Kit (to tide you over until her book comes out in December 2016)
- The Flexitarian Diet, Dawn’s first book
- Recipe for Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (Jane’s recipe)
- One of Dawn’s Massaged Kale Salad Recipes
- Dawn’s 7-Minute Egg Technique (see #7)
- Dawn’s Avocado Toast
- Dawn’s Ultimate Taco Topper
- Parks & Recreation Season 6 Episode 11 “Farmer’s Market” (where chard is sexy)
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!