It’s time for another podcast! Today I share my secret tip for cutting brownies (okay, it’s not that secret and you can find it on the blog, but whatever…it’s such a good tip it needs repeating!). In addition I interview NYC-based family photographer Ahna Tessler. Ahna is a mother of four-year-old twins and wife to a 35-year-old man. 😉 Ahna’s background is in comedy and screenwriting but she found it was kind of hard to work the stand-up circuit with 67,000 diapers to change and two noses that needed constant wiping. Photography has given her the opportunity to explore the beauty, humor and grit of human interaction on a new stage… the family. Her most recent project with Babble, Motherhood in Focus, was so beautiful that I just had to get her on the show to talk more about it. And, of course, get her to share her favorite recipe and a few food memories about her own mother, memories that take an unexpected turn!
- Grandma Blomquist’s Brownies (although, all of the brownie recipes on my site are awesome!)
- Ahna’s Photography Website
- Motherhood in Focus on Ahna’s website
- Motherhood in Focus kick-off post on Babble
- Short video about the Motherhood in Focus project (that will make you tear up!)
- Meredith Carroll on Babble
- Ahna’s pictures where she photoshopped herself into family photos
It’s easy to listen to the show!
- Via the web: Just click play below!
- Via an app: For iPhone and iPad, subscribe to the This Week for Dinner Podcast on iTunes and listen to it through the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for This Week for Dinner Podcast. The benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating and/or review on iTunes!
- Big thank you to d&m for providing the music for the podcast!