Friday, September 30
Hi friends! It’s Friday Show and Tell time, and today it’s all about watching and listening to good stuff. This should keep you busy over the weekend, when you’re not cheering on Stanford football, that is. 😉
Netflix just keeps on keeping on with the great content. Here are a few things I’m most excited about this week:
- Disney on Netflix! It’s official – Netflix is the only place you can stream Disney movies on a pay TV service, which means they will continue to keep adding great Disney films to Netflix all the time. Zootopia is on there right now (my kids are obsessed) and Robin Hood. (We all had a crush on that sly fox when we were kids, right? Just me?)
- As of today we can finally watch Luke Cage! Luke Cage is the third of the Marvel Defenders series on Netflix and I can’t wait to get watching. We liked Daredevil a lot (although still need to watch Season 2), loved Jessica Jones and anticipate adding Luke to our list of favorite superheroes.
- I’m intrigued by the new documentary Amanda Knox. They say if you liked Making a Murderer then this one is right up your alley (and it’s simply a movie rather than a whole series, which is kind of nice, actually).
- I almost forgot! Have you watched Narcos yet? We blasted through Season 2 in less than a week. SO GOOD.
Just a heads up that I added a bunch of songs to my Kitchen Tunage playlist on Spotify (it’s been a while). Also, I created a new playlist called Happy Music. These are all the songs I made my family listen to in the car on my birthday. They make me car dance like a fool. Enjoy!
I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team, which means they send me cool stuff from time to time. For the record, I would be addicted to Netflix in spite of said cool stuff.
Monday, September 26
It’s Monday. Yes, I’m a day late with my menu. But yesterday was my birthday and I just couldn’t bring myself to open up the computer!
So, here we are. This week’s menu! On Monday! We’ve got the whole Santa-Ana-heat-wave-wind-thing going on around these parts, so I am doing my best to minimize using heat in the kitchen this week.
– Leftover pizza
– Chicken Caesar Salad
– Caprese Salad
– Hamburgers and/or hot dogs on the outside grill
– Take out night
– Bistro Chicken
– Mashed potatoes and salad
Thursday, September 22
Summer is over and I think it’s time I get back into posting more regularly again. I’ve missed you! Today I want to share a new discovery in our house: Barefoot & Chocolate Spreads.
A week or two ago I posted about Barefoot & Chocolate’s Almond Coconut Chocolate Spread on social media and had quite the response as well as a few questions about the product. Honestly, I think it deserves a quick blog post. I need more than 140 characters!
I discovered Barefoot & Chocolate through my work with Fair Trade USA and am so glad I did! They make Nutella-like chocolate spreads that are in my opinion better than their more famous counterpart. Here are a few things I’d like to mention that I didn’t specify on my social media posts:
- While Barefoot & Chocolate does make a hazelnut chocolate spread, I am head-over-heels in love with their Almond Coconut Chocolate Spread. The Dark Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt is also mighty fine, as is the Hazelnut. But that Almond Coconut? Irresistible. (Note: You probably should like coconut…if not, go with the other two flavors!)
- Yes, Barefoot & Chocolate contains less sugar than Nutella and you can taste the difference. Barefoot & Chocolate’s spreads are, well, less sugary with a creamier texture. If you want to talk numbers, a 2-tablespoon serving of Nutella has 21 grams of sugar while Barefoot & Chocolate has 13 grams. Obviously there is STILL SUGAR and the fat content is the same as Nutella. It is a treat, after all (don’t be fooled by those Nutella commercials telling us chocolate for breakfast is healthy). But, yes, there is less sugar than Nutella, which I think is a good thing for nutritional and taste reasons.
- Barefoot & Chocolate is Fair Trade certified and many of the ingredients are organic.
- You can buy Barefoot & Chocolate on their website or in 2-packs on Amazon (click on the following flavor names for Amazon links: Almond Coconut Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt, and Hazelnut. You can get mix-and-match-the-flavor 2 packs on Amazon, too.)
PS: Graham crackers + Almond Coconut Chocolate Spread = THE BEST
Sunday, September 18
Happy Sunday, everybody! Nate and I just finished spending 3 days at the Kaaboo Festival in Del Mar, CA. It was a blast and the music today was especially stellar (The Avett Brothers won the weekend and we were so glad we took Cate with us today so she could see their show). Anyway, I’m in a happy mood after all of the fun and not ready for real life again! 😉 But alas…time to get back in the groove, starting with the weekly menu!
– Spaghetti and Meatballs
– Asian Chicken Salad
– Sausage with Rice & Beans
– Honey Goat Cheese Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza
– Takeout night
Printable PDF will be coming Monday! Promise!
As usual, you guys are rockstars and I LOVE that you post menus each week. They really are such an inspiration for me week after week! Anyway, please post your dinner plans in the comments! THANK YOU!
Monday, September 12
For the first time in 503 menus I didn’t publish my weekly menu post on a Sunday. It was the 15th anniversary of September 11 and it just didn’t feel right. Instead I read and pondered and talked with friends and savored a day with family. And now it’s September 12 and I’m ready to start the week.
I have a couple repeats from last week. I know that I cooked last week, so not sure what happened there!
– Baked Potato Bar
– Leftover night
– Grammy’s Orange Chicken
– Rice and veggie
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
– Cora’s Ground Beef Tacos
You know the drill! Please pretty please share your meal plans for the week in the comments!
Sunday, September 4
Hi friends! Well, the first week of school went by quickly, and yet it felt like forever. Needless to say it was so nice having my menu planned and grocery shopping done for this week. Lifesaving!
– Labor Day! I think we’ll cook out on the grill and have fresh fruit and salad!
– Baked Potato Bar (Cate’s request!)
– Pollo Guisado Burritos
– Takeout night
– Chicken Caesar Salad
– Garlic Knots
Your turn! Please share your food plans for the week in the comments! As usual looking at your menus from last week were incredibly helpful as I planned this week…thank you!