Wednesday, June 18
Today’s featured recipe is EASY and DELICIOUS. That’s about all I have to say about it.Featured Recipe: Easy Apricot ChickenAuthor: Jane MaynardRecipe type: Main Dish, PoultryIngredients
- 4 – 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 8-oz bottle of Russian salad dressing
- 1 Cup Apricot Preserves/Jam
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- If your chicken breasts are frozen, no need to defrost – just place them in your baking dish. Sprinkle the entire Onion Soup Mix over the top then pour the Russian Dressing and Apricot preserves over the top and kind of “mush” it all together with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for ~1.5 hours. (You can cook it for a shorter time if the chicken isn’t frozen)
- Eat with rice.
- I rarely cook 4-8 chicken breasts at once…but this makes enough sauce for that much chicken. I just do 2 breasts and have lots of leftover sauce.
- I mix the onion soup, russian dressing and apricot preserves with a spoon in the casserole dish and then add the chicken.
- I don’t use the entire onion soup mix packet – I like about ½ – ¾ of the packet. Just a personal preference.
- You can just add half the apricot preserves if you have an 18 oz jar. Half the jar is about 1 cup, and you won’t have to wash a measuring cup. One of the reasons I love this recipe is because there are no dishes to wash except the dish it cooks in!!3.2.2310