Sunday, January 8
For a while I wrote a fun series of posts on Babble called “3 Kids, A Mom & a Kitchen.” For one of the article the girls and I made a super tasty Barbecue Chicken Salad recipe. I just clicked through to link to that recipe for today’s weekly menu and discovered that Babble did a website update, which means the captions that had the recipe included are missing! So, I’m reposting the recipe here, for posterity’s sake. Well, actually, mostly for my sake so I can have the recipe handy. 😉
This is one of those recipes that’s not really a recipe – no measurements necessary and feel free to add or omit ingredients at will. I pretty much stole the idea for this salad from a restaurant called Croutons. Enjoy!Barbecue Chicken SaladAdapted from a dish served at a restaurant called CroutonsAuthor: Jane MaynardIngredients
- Grilled chicken breast
- Barbecue sauce
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Shredded cheese, cheddar or mozzarella
- Canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Canned corn
- Chopped tomato
- Cornbread croutons (if I can find these at the store I toast cubed cornbread in the oven until crispy)
- Chopped Granny Smith Apples
- Ranch dressing
- Shred grilled chicken and toss in barbecue sauce to coat.
- Toss everything together and serve with ranch dressing. Voila!
- No set amount for ingredients - plan for about ½ chicken breast per person and adjust ingredients as necessary for the size of the salad!