Thursday, May 30
I have a new favorite go-to meal that happens to be perfect for summer: Chicken Caesar Wraps!
They’re easy, the ingredient list is short and compiled of items I normally have on hand, and I’m always surprised at just how tasty they are!
The other fun thing is you can make them super, duper easy or gourmet them up a bit, using more homemade ingredients. No matter how you make them, they are delicious!
I wasn’t really planning to do a post about chicken caesar wraps, but when we were eating them for dinner last night, Anna said, “Mom, you should take a picture of these for your blog!” She’s always looking out for the blog!Summer Go-To Meal: Chicken Caesar WrapsAuthor: Jane MaynardRecipe type: Main Dish, PoultryIngredients
- Flour tortillas or other wrap that you like (I prefer uncooked tortillas that you cook on the stove, they are delicious and are nice and flexible, which is perfect for a wrap)
- Cooked chicken breast (You could buy pre-cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make it super simple. I like to grill boneless, skinless chicken breasts on my grill pan salt and pepper the chicken breasts, cook over medium heat until temperature reaches 160 degrees)
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- Croutons (You can make your own, but in this case I think the crunchy store-bought kind work nicely because they are so super crunchy, which gives good texture to the wrap.)
- Caesar dressing (again, you can make your own, but I always have a bottle of Girard’s Caesar dressing in the fridge, so that’s what I use!)
- Lay out your tortilla/wrap, pile on all the other ingredients, fold like a burrito and eat!
- I like to spread some dressing on the tortilla before piling on the ingredients and then topping everything with more dressing before wrapping it all up!