Friday, May 30
Happy Friday! Let’s start with an inspirational quote, shall we?
You guys, House of Cards!!!! We just finished the second season and there are SO MANY THINGS I want to say but I won’t because then I’d just be a big spoiler. But, I will say this: Nate is worried that my mind thinks too much like Frank Underwood’s because I totally predicted how this season would end at the end of last season. Maybe I should get into politics…
A BIG congratulations to my amazing sister-in-law Hannah who just launched her own company, Odessa Swimwear! Until June 15, you can get 20% of your order and free shipping if you enter the code 2042JUNE. If you’re looking for a high-end bikini made from beautiful fabrics, Odessa is just what you need!
Two quick shout outs before I get to this week’s food links.
- My chair finally arrived from Dot & Bo and it is perfect. I am so happy we were able to buy it! On a related note, Dot & Bo asked me to guest post on their blog! I was super excited they reached out because, seriously, I love them. Check out my post on the Dot & Bo blog here!
- Have you seen Joss and Main? It’s similar to Dot & Bo, but the collections are organized a bit differently. Like Dot & Bo, you essentially can find super awesome stuff for your house at great prices. We recently ordered a rug from Joss and Main (which I instagrammed a few weeks ago). The rug is GORGEOUS, but apparently not very resilient. We had an issue on the second day with some spilled water. Yes, just plain old water. Joss and Main’s customer service replied immediately and rectified the situation, going WAY above and beyond what I ever would have expected them to do. So, there you go. Really cute stuff, great customer service. Thought I should spread the word!
And on Cosmo this week:
- 16 Unexpected Things You Can Do With Cake Mix
- 15 Incredible Recipes That Will Impress Absolutely Anyone
Your turn! Share whatever you want!
Friday, April 18
Happy Friday! I’m brimming over with things to share with you today!
First, I finally read Wonder by R.J. Palacio. This book should be required reading for ALL HUMANS. And once all the humans have read it, it should be required reading in every 4th grade class every year from here on out until the end of time. Plus, it’s really just so beautifully written and touching and uplifting and WONDERFUL. Please read it. Please.
I have a fun announcement today about some added functionality to This Week for Dinner. You may have noticed there’s a new button called “Recipe Box” on my navigation. If you roll over “Recipe Box” you’ll see that you can click on two options: “Recipe Box” and “Shopping List.” When you click either of those you will be automatically connected to ZipList, a company I am now partnering with! Some of you may already be using ZipList, in which case you know what’s up and how cool it is! All of the recipes on my site are now set up to be saved to your recipe boxes and shopping lists. If you don’t know what ZipList is, it’s basically a shopping list that makes life easier! You can save recipes to your ZipList recipe box, add ingredients from recipes to your shopping list, save shopping lists, and access all of this on the web or through a mobile app. Bottom line, it’s super handy and cool and perfect for meal planners. If you have questions, let me know!
As you know, I’m slowly working on furnishing and designing our living room. Well, I just bought a chair to add to the space and I am SO EXCITED about it. It’s the Wimsey Club Arm Chair from Dot & Bo. I kind of just want to show it off (isn’t it purrrrty?), but also I had such a fabulous shopping experience with Dot & Bo I felt like I should shout it out from the rooftops. So, I had my eye on this chair for a while, but was scared to pull the trigger. After two interior designers said that I should buy the chair THIS INSTANT, I finally went to do so but it was sold out. Well, when something is sold out on their site, there’s an “I want it” button, which brings you to a page which says something like “Let us know you want this chair via these various social media channels and we’ll see what we can do” so of course I immediately tweeted out my anguish over not getting this chair. Within hours I had an email from someone named Jessica, who was checking with their distributors to see if there were any more chairs available. When there were not, she was able to find out they would be getting it back in stock in about 2 months. THEN, as soon as it was available, I had an email from her letting me know. She was so nice and so helpful. Even after I bought the chair (and a lamp and some cute Swedish stuff), I received another email from another customer service person just checking in and letting me know she’d be tracking my order for me. AMAZING customer service, SUPER cute stuff. I am basically in love with Dot & Bo.
Last but not least, here are my fun Cosmo food posts for the week!
- 15 Majorly Delicious Mocha Recipes
- 15 Crazy Creative Ways to Make Chips
- 20 Quick, Delectable Desserts in Under 30 Minutes
I think I’ve shared enough, now it’s your turn!
Posted by Jane Maynard at 9:17 am 8 Comments
Categories: book club, fab faves, new house fun, show and tell, the goods Tags: around the house, babble, books, cosmo, dot & bo, furniture shopping, house stuff, wonder, ziplist |